Welcome to iKingsSGC™ Forums!
Home of the iKingsSGC Servers (Hogwarts RP Experience & More) & The Mod Division Projects (Doctor Who Client Mod, Stargate Chevron 7 & more)

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Guest, have you checked out the the latest iKings Daily Reports yet? CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE FULL ARCHIVE!
  2. Providing top notch servers and mods based on the fandoms of Stargate, Harry Potter and Doctor Who in Minecraft.
  3. Donate to help us host an Official iKingsSGC & Mod Division project community build server! CLICK HERE

Daily Report The Stages of Release - 2016 - #DWCM #iMine4WHO

Discussion in 'General Topics / Discussion' started by TheiKing, Mar 22, 2016.

1. TheiKing Lord President of Gallifrey Staff Member

• This is an official thread. This has been posted by a member of iKingsSGC Server or Mod Division Staff.
    [​IMG]
    The Stages of Release
    Thread Last Updated 3/27/2016
    [​IMG]
    Whats going on people of the iKingsSGC?! Welcome back to TheiKings "Daily" Report. I am your host the long lost formerly thought to be dead TheiKing and today I am going to be laying out the updated stages of release for 2016.

Yeah I know I haven't made an audio video in what seems like a year. Blame it on my job, college and no time home alone in the very little spare time that I have. Lets get on with it!
    Pre-Alpha Development - Completed
    Only Mod Division staff had access to the game. This was not anywhere ready to need external testers. We tested as we made .

Closed Alpha Development & Testing- Current Stage
    • First Closed Alpha Group: A small closed 5-10 Slot alpha that will be composed of people we know personall y and trust
    • not to leak the project.
    • Second Closed Alpha Test: This will be a larger alpha group somewhere around 10-15 slots.
    The goal of Closed Alpha testing is to finish up critical features and thoroughly debug issues. In the end we hope that Closed Alpha is helping us polish the game so players can play without too many issues that are game breaking in severity. Because we intend to give all channels, big and small, an equal oppurtunity of showing Doctor Who Client Mod all Closed Alpha members are restricted from recording and publishing videos of DWCM on social media.

Open Alpha (First Major Public Release) - Upcoming
    Closed Alpha will have helped solve many problems regarding the functions of the mod and even some user experience issues. That being said in order for us to fully examine the project for flaws we need a larger audience to discover lingering issues and suggest ways we can improve our gameplay experience. That is where the very first public release of Doctor Who Client Mod comes in, the Open Alpha. It is important to note that while this will be the very first version of Doctor Who Client Mod the public will be able to play you will need to keep in mind that we will have had to remove several secondary and miscellaneous features such as un-finished mobs, crafting recipes, and easter eggs. Basically anything that remains unfinished or largely unstable (such as work in progress planets) at the time of open alpha release will remain in a separate version intended for our Closed Alpha groups to continue testing as we develop. We made this decision to allow us to focus on primary systems such as the TARDIS, story features, and anything of critical need so that they are stable and ready for public use. It is important to remember that even though this is being released several years after the start of the project, this version is essentially a demo version without all features incorporated into the mod.

Closed Alpha/Beta Testing - Upcoming
    Much like the Closed Alpha testing period this development stage will be closed off to the public and will be comprised of trusted individuals; many of whom will have already participated in the Closed Alpha phase. The difference between the Closed Beta and Closed Alpha stages is that the Closed Beta will be active WHILE Open Alpha and eventually the Open Beta is progressing. As the group finds bugs and gameplay issues will will fix, adjust and release patches to the current public release. This also applies to any new features we develop & add to the game. All previously left out content such as incomplete mobs and planets will be tested during these periods and developed to completion before being released to the public version (whether that be Open Beta or Alpha.)

Open Beta (Second Major Public Release) - Upcoming
    This will be a massive upgrade in comparison to the release of the Open Alpha. Our expectations hopes are that nearly every primary, secondary and miscellaneous feature will be in a near complete state and ready for public consumption. At this time do not have any clear plans as to when this version will be released.

Official Release V1 - Upcoming
    No plans currently exist for this stage of release beyond it being the most complete version of the game and as bug free as we can make it. It is our hopes that this version will have a flawless user experience based on years of development and the dedicated work of our team & everyone in the community who has contributed ideas & tested the game.
    [​IMG]
    • DWCM Soundtracks Featured in This Video
      • Ghetto The TARDIS [Final Version]
      • iKingsSGC Theme
    [​IMG]
    Daily Report Archive: http://www.DailyReport.iKingsSGC.com
    Support us on Patreon: http://www.Patreon.iKingsSGC.com
    iKingsSGC Hub: http://www.Hub.iKingsSGC.com
    StargateChannel: http://www.Youtube.com/StargateChannel
    Doctor Who Client Mod: http://www.DoctorWho.iKingsSGC.com
    Amazon Donations: http://www.Amazon.iKingsSGC.com
    Questions Out of the [Police Box]: http://www.questions.ikingssgc.com/
    iKingsSGC Server Status: http://www.ikingssgc.com/playerlist/
    Stargate Chevron 7: http://www.Stargate.iKingsSGC.com
    Paypal Donation Link: http://www.Donate.iKingsSGC.com
    iKingsSGC Server Network: http://www.Servers.iKingsSGC.com
    iKingsSGC Mod Division: http://www.ModDivision.iKingsSGC.com
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. Braedon Well Known Companion

Wow! Nice update for all the info! I know you were basically taking it from the old 2014 thread and adding a good bit here and there, but I honestly really enjoyed it! Also, nice to see a return of the Daily Reports, even if for one video!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skiterlingua Active Companion

*releases a fangirl scream ive been holding for 3 years*

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheiKing Lord President of Gallifrey Staff Member

SKITER! Long time no see!
    Pretty much the only thing that remained of the 2014 thread was the Pre & Closed Alpha sections. I pretty much re-wrote everything else haha.

5. skiterlingua Active Companion

Heh, Funny, Im sittin over here, checking my email, when all of a sudden I see "The Stages of Release - 2016" And all hype comes flowing back to me. I certainly havent forgotten. and once I saw that pre-alpha was complteted. I couldnt help but comment. Im actually suprised you remember me.

EDIT: Also apparently its 4 years now.. huh.. man, time sure does fly.

6. TheiKing Lord President of Gallifrey Staff Member

I remember mostly everyone from the start of the community. So many old faces are showing back up these past couple weeks. It's great!

7. Ender Tennant Well Known Companion

It had been so long, I couldn't believe my ears. It felt like I was talking to an old friend...

8. TheiKing Lord President of Gallifrey Staff Member

Lol someone said something similar to this on the video comments. I basically said "oh great now people are going to say that my voice soothes them at night again"
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 27, 2016 ---
    Serious question.....what does my voice sound like to you fine folks?

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. joshuabump U.N.I.T Grunt (New Member)

I was going to say that you said "It is important to remember that even though this is being released *several* years after the start of the project" but then I Googled the word "several" and it said "Being of a number more than two or three but not many: several miles away. 2. Respectively different; various: They parted and went their several ways. See Synonyms at distinct." sooo........yea...why am I typing this?

10. skiterlingua Active Companion

You know Iking, im sure ive said this more than enough times... but heck, in this situation theres never enough times. Thank thank thank you so much for this. From what I can see so far this 4 year wait certainly looks worth it. And Maybe after I get some money ill throw some money at you too ;)

EDIT: Also your Voice sounds fine to me, maybe a tad scratchy. but that might just be me

11. TheiKing Lord President of Gallifrey Staff Member

Well I had worked a 9 hour shift that day and I am still recovering from pneumonia lol.

[​IMG]
    YOU SAW NOTHING!

12. skiterlingua Active Companion

Yeah that would probably exlain it. Other than that youre all good

13. Ender Tennant Well Known Companion

It sounds like a YouTube personality for me, as in it sounds like a confident "I-know-what-to-do" voice.

14. Tardisdriver45 Well Known Companion

Honestly IKing, this update was needed so much. At least I know I needed it. It sucks being in the dark for so long.

Anyways, despite you wording the current route for DWCM development like you stayed up until 2 AM, it sounds pretty solid. Then again I can't remember what's different about it.
    :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. chockmima Well Known Companion

Uuuuhh nice actually :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Braedon Well Known Companion

Oh, interesting. It seems like I all ready knew most of what you said.

P.s. Yes, that is how you spell all ready. Already is not a word.

Imagine taking hot, nonabsorbant, blueberry pancakes and put a few slices of butter on them. Wait a bit for them to kind of melt. Then, before they're fully melted, take the butter off and then add some honey to the now melted butter. That, that is what you sound like, my friend.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. chockmima Well Known Companion

Wish I could put funny and agree on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Time Turner Well Known Companion

As @Tardisdriver45 stated, we desperately needed an update like this. I remain as patient as ever. :D
    Will become more active when the stage of Open Alpha nears. ^^;

• Like Like x 3
  19. Braedon Well Known Companion

Wish I could put funny and agree and winner on it too :p
    Back on topic

20. Gwynblaidd U.N.I.T Grunt (New Member)

Yay! This is a very good news and it is about public version in a (relatively :p) near future :D I'm very happy!